Tuesday 16 July 2013

Best of British - Day Two





Day Two on my UK trip was a mixture of peace, rest and relaxation, which was perfect seeing as we were still getting used to the time difference. We started the day with a beautiful bacon sandwich which I ate too quickly to take a picture.

Then off we went into Derbyshire to Shipley Country Park where my dads ashes are scattered. It's a really peaceful place with lots of horse, bike and walking trails. The park is near to the old theme park American Adventure which my dad actually worked at for a brief spell in his 40's when he was made redundant. He used to operate the pirate ship and he loved it. I got free tickets too!



Beautiful Buttercups

My feet - its sunny! Last time I came here I had willies on.


After Shipley, we stopped at a country pub for a quick drink and made our way to Aqua Sana at Center Parcs holiday village which is near to Sherwood Forest. I'd booked us into a twilight spa with an Italian nibbles board.

Our nibbles, the Zen garden and the sky from the spa.

Aqua Sana is such a relaxing place, its in the middle of a part of Sherwood Forest and you feel like you could be miles from anywhere. In reality, it is about 20 minutes drive to my mums house.

We were pretty tired after all that relaxation.

See you tomorrow for day 3

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect way to spend your first proper day back in Blighty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aqua sana is worth a visit if you ever get the chance x

      Delete
  2. Shipley Country Park looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place, it's massive too so plenty to walk around x

      Delete
  3. Ooh, the nibbles look delicious. Sounds like a relaxing time...

    ReplyDelete